hMailServer is a popular open-source mail server for Windows. If you're using MXGuardian as your email filtering and security solution, you may want to configure hMailServer to relay outbound email through MXGuardian to ensure that all outgoing messages are filtered and protected. This support article will guide you through the process of configuring hMailServer to relay outbound mail to MXGuardian.
Note: Make sure outbound filtering is enabled on your account before following this procedure.
- Open hMailServer Administrator interface, navigate to Settings->Protocols->SMTP, and click the Delivery of e-mail tab.
- Under "Remote host name", enter smtp.mxguardian.net
- Under "Remote TCP/IP port", enter 25. If your ISP blocks port 25, you can use port 2525 as a workaround.
- Uncheck "Server requires authentication". You do not need to enter a username and password. We authenticate you by your IP address.
- Under "Connection security", select STARTTLS (Required).
- Click Save.